What will it be? Handstand, Headstand, Forearm Balance or Shoulderstand… or all those together tee, hee… come and see!
Benefits of Inversion Poses:
1. Gravity is used to provide the brain with more oxygen and blood and this increases mental functioning, improves concentration, memory and processing abilities.
2. Getting upside down allows lymph to more easily travel into the respiratory system to eliminate toxins and bacteria and increase immunity to prevent illness.
3. Heating inversions such as handstand, headstand and forearm balance get more blood moving to the brain which is physically invigorating and mentally revitalizing.
4. Cooling inversions such as shoulderstand and legs up the wall calm the nervous system to activate the parasympathetic nervous system to produce feelings of balance and calm.
5. Balancing on the hands or head is the next step after balancing on one or two legs in finding equanimity.
6. Inversions create body balance by developing upper body strength.
7. Inversions build confidence which expands to all areas of life.
8. Inversions keep us humble.
9. Inversions take us upside down and teach us that there is another way to approach a situation/person/problem with new perspectives.
10. Inversions remind us that while yoga is contemplative in many ways, the asana practice is also a time to connect with our inner child and be playful and light hearted.
Come and get your Inversion Bliss this week in Yoga 1,2 and 3 classes fueled by the wisdom of Yoga Sutra 1.13. Yoga Sutra 1.13 says “Practice is the effort to still the fluctuations in the consciousness to attain a constant, steady, tranquil state of mind. Perfect for Inversions!
Inversion Week will lead us into another amazing Meditation Class on Friday night at 7:15pm and then on into The Crown Chakra: Let Go and Let God Yoga Retreat on Sunday~